Flaxseed oil is made by the oil of flax seeds. It is very high in ALA. ALA Omega 3 is a type of fatty acid which has been suggested to be helpful in many of the health problems of today. Please see the
Omega 3 Benefits
to see a more in depth discussion on benefits of flax seed oil – Omega 3. Flaxseed is a blue flowering plant form western Canada. Flaxseed oil is very main stream now. It is good to see alterntive health ideas hitting the public.
Flax Seed Highlights
- Very High in ALA Omega 3. This type of Omega 3 needs to be converted to DHA and EPA to be most healthy.
Omega 3 Fatty Acids
describes the different kinds of Omega 3
- Flaxseeds have a high concentration of LIGNANS. Lignans have anti-cancer, anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties. The anti cancer property is very impressive.
- Fiber – Flaxseeds contain soluble and insoluble fiber. This can help keep the exhaust running good - if you know what I mean.
- Also has a good amount of protein and is complete in amino acids
- B vitamins, potassium, lecithin, magnesium, and zinc
Flaxseed Oil To Take or Not To Take
I think it’s a good way to increase your Omega 3 levels but... I personally would take
Omega 3 Fish Oil
or my favorite
Omega 3 Krill
Another choice would be to buy organic
Here are my reasons. I have read that 1/3 of people do not tolerate flax seed oil very well. Meaning it tastes horrible to them. Fish oil may not be much better for some though. Another reason I would not take flax seed oil is because it is much better to just ground up some organic flax seed. That way you get the fiber, lignans and protein plus any benefits you would get from the flax oil. The oil also goes rancid easily. It is very hard to keep it from going bad. Many people do not process the ALA into the other omega 3 types very well. So they are missing the benefits they would get if they took fish or krill.
You should think about other
Omega 3 Sources
to increase Omega 3 levels. My favorite is Krill oil in the spring and summer. Then in late fall I will switch to Fish oil that is high in vitamin D. Flaxseeds still have many health benefits but I think you could do better if your main goal is to increase Omega 3 levels.
Leaving Flaxseed Oil page for home page.To learn More about Carlson Cod Liver Oil and Fish Oil
Forever Looking Younger How to look younger naturally, by making easy and effective changes to your life, lose body fat and beat the aging process.