Omega 3 Fatty Acids and Parkinson’s Disease.
A recent study shows that Omega 3 Fats can help protect your brain cells. As Dr Mercola states it works by preventing the miss folding of a protein resulting from gene mutations. This can help in other degenerative diseases like Huntingtons and MS.
The Problem is the Ratio of Omega 3 and Processed Omega 6.
We get way too much processed Omega 6 with respect to Omega 3 Fatty Acids. If you were to decrease your intake of processed Omega 6 and increase your Omega 3 here are some of the health conditions you could help prevent.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- heart diseas
- Many other Helath Problems
Omega 6 is not necessarily bad but the processed types are the problem. The heating and processing damages the oils.
Standard American Diet (SAD)
The standard American diet really has no Omega 3 to speak. Some fish have good levels of Omega 3 but due to high levels of mercury and other contaminants. Its really not the answer to increasing your Omega 3 levels. So you really need to try and eat a more natural diet with less processed foods.
How Can We Fix Our Low Levels of Omega 3.
The answer is to supplement with a high quality Fish oil or Krill Oil. Most people take quality Fish oil. High quality Fish oil should have the following properties.
- Must come from a pure source that delivers high Amounts of DHA and EPA. The good fats.
- Have good antioxidants for preservation of the Fish oil
- Process in a manner that does not use excessive heat so it does not change the structure.
- Must use a purification process to get rid of
- Heavy Metals
- Other Toxins
Very few fish oils would qualify but the following does and is an excellent product
Some natural health professionals have suggested taking Krill oil instead of fish oil. Some of the reasons they mention are
- Krill Oil has more and Better Antioxidants
- Krill is a more renewable food source
- Krill has its good fats (omega 3 DHA and EPA) bound to phospholipids which make them more absorbable to the body
is what I take and the best I have found.Leaving Omega 3 Fatty page for Omega 3 Fatty Acids.