Omega 3 Oil
Omega 3 oil has many health benefits. Many health benefits have been linked to Increasing Omega 3 and decreasing omega 6. Some benefits include
- Cardiovascular Health
- Mood Disorders
- Has Anti Inflammatory Properties (This is it’s best Quality)
- Lower incidence of Problems in Children – Newborn – Infants
A recent study in the Science Daily stated that Omega 3 kills cancer cells. The study states “at the molecular level, DHA acts by reducing leukocytosis (white blood cell accumulation), systematic inflammation and oxidative stress – all processes that have been linked with tumor growth.”
The most popular type of omega 3 oil is fish oil. Fish oil comes in many varieties and from many places. I personally would not even thin about taking fish oil sold at Sam’s Club or your local pharmacy. That is just me – I need to trust the manufacturer. I believe a good fish oil should be
- made from one type of fish – salmon
- Have a great purification process to get rid of toxins
- Heavy Metals
- Other Toxins
- Use low heat processing to retain vital nutrients
- Provide Plenty of anti Oxidants to keep the Oil Fresh
- Must provide plenty of DHA and EPA – the best kind of Omega 3 Fats
One of the best fish oils I have found that meet these criteria is
Many Natural health professionals say Krill oil is a better omega 3 oil then fish oil for the following reason
- Krill is a more renewable food source
- Krill Has more and better anti oxidants then Fish
- Krill has the good fats DHA and EPA bound to phospholipids which make them more easily absorbed by the body.
- Krill are at the bottom of the food chain so they are pollution free
- Krill Oil does not go bad as easy as fish – it is good for 2 years
- No Fish Burps
- Krill oil has the highly beneficial anti oxidant Astaxanthin
Krill is good stuff – it is what me and my family take. My wife took it during our most recent pregnancy and our kid is only 8 days old and can already read. Oh sorry that is my wife that can already read? I will however be keeping an eye on my infants milestones to see how he does.
Flax seed is a great addition to your diet. If you eat freshly ground flaxseed it is full of fiber. Fiber is missing in most of our diets – you add a couple of tablespoons each day and you be have things flowing just fine. Flax oil also has lignans which have been said to have anti cancer properties. Flax seeds also contain B vitamins, potassium, lecithin, magnesium, protein, and zinc.
I do not however think taking flax oil is your best choice to increase your omega 3. Flax has ALA (Alpha Linolenic Acid). This is not the best type of omega 3 fat – they are DHA and EPA. ALA can be converted to the good omega 3 but the body is not so efficient. Like I stated above if you have the means I would add a fish oil or krill oil for omega 3 and ground flax seed for fiber and its other components.
Leaving Omega 3 Oil page for Omega 3 Sources.
Enjoy Your Retirement Pages of common sense advice on all aspects of retirement. Activities, finance, mental health, etc. etc.